Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shimmer Mist Recipe

I have always wanted to buy some Glimmer Mist but found it to be too expensive for my taste. I don't buy too many craft things without a sale or coupon so I guess I am a clearance sale and thrift junkie.  I searched the web and found several recipes for it on Splitcoaststamper.com. Thanks to all the people who shared their recipes. I already had everything I needed to make the recipe below. Yea! The recipe worked really well. The glue in the mixture bonds the PearlEX to the paper so it does not smear. The only thing I need is a better misting bottle. I had an old travel kit with a spray bottle in it. It sprays a little heavy so I will be getting new ones for more colors.
Here is the Recipe:
One part Decoupage Glue, Modge Podge or  ElmersGlue
One part water
One small scoop of Pearl EX
Mix in a small misting bottle.
To make your colors bolder add a drop or two of stamp pad ink refiller or in one case I read someone used Rit Dye.

 I don't think you will be able to see it very well from these pictures but here is how it did with the bottle I want to replace. I used Gold and  Brown PearlEX for my mix. I sprayed it onto a light green paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment